The event coordinator should have a love for classical music & dance provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for collaboration with venues.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Follow ups,Meeting & presentation with the prospective SPONSERS
- Distributing the marketing materials.
- Facilitates the securing of appropriate venues for regional programs and events, including site inspections and negotiation of contracts.
- Works in coordination on marketing events.
- Maintains contact with patrons of clients via telephone or written correspondence.
- Attends events to facilitate operations and responds to emergencies, problems, etc., ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Compiles material for event program; maintains mailing lists for distribution of event calendar or other pertinent information.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Dealing with all telephone enquiries
- Contacting new artists for empanelment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in public relations.
- Skill in organization in order to coordinate several events simultaneously.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to deal with people of all nationalities and at all levels
- Excellent organisational and written skills
- Great telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of scheduling for events and/or productions. Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a highly pressurised environment
- Mac / PC literacy with sound knowledge of Word, Excel, Photoshop
To apply: Please send CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suited to the job and detailing any relevant experience at firstname.lastname@example.org
- He/She has to be sociable and a people's person. He must love interacting with artists, people and companies because he will need to deal with them on a daily basis.
- He/She should have a cheerful and pleasing disposition, along with being approachable and having a pleasant personality.
- He/She needs to have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work as a mediator between the artists.
- He/She is in charge of preparing the annual events calender for the organization for the entire year.
- He/She will be responsible for keeping an eye on any new events that need to be organized and inform the management of the same.
- Searching for different locations that can house this event will have to be found. Each location will have to be studied to find out which will fit the bill best. This has to be informed to the management and their approval sought.
- After approval from the management, the availability of that place has to be seen.
- So also, making a list of all the things needed for that event and arranging for them.
- Overlooking every aspect of the event.
- Always being present in case of emergencies.
- Always maintaining direct contact with the management to convey the problems and success of the preparation process to and fro.
- Overlooking the budget expenditure and keeping it in check, never allowing it to exceed the allocated amount.
- Publishing any material required like brochures and files of the event.
- Holding meetings on a regular basis to pass on any important information or to discuss issues that are in some way affecting the smooth flow of the event.
- On the day of the main event, he has to overlook the smooth functioning of the event.
- He/She He should anticipate any problems that might take place and then try and eliminate them before the event, so that it does not lead to a block in the smooth functioning.
- Publicize the event by sending emails to the email list reminding all of the event, time, place, any special instructions.
- Meeting & presentation with the prospective SPONSERS for upcoming events